거친 삶을 살아나가는 길 > 오피니언

본문 바로가기

이곳은 2017년 이후에 올려진 글입니다. 이전에 올려진 오피니언 글은 지난 오피니언 게시판에서 보실 수 있습니다.

오피니언

거친 삶을 살아나가는 길

페이지 정보

이종식2021-12-23

본문

이종식Olga J. Weiss 라는 사람이 이런 글을 썼습니다.

나는 말했다.
"주님, 길이 너무 험해요! 저를 아프게 하는 돌멩이들이 많이 있습니다."
주님이 말씀하셨다.
"얘야, 나도 이해한다, 나도 그 길을 오래전에 걸었었단다"
나는 말했다.
"하지만 주님, 저기 멋진 녹색 길이 있는데요. 그리로 잠시만 걸어갈게요."
주님이 부드럽게 내게 말씀하셨다.
"얘야 안 된다. 녹색 길은 좋은 길이 아니야!"
나는 말했다.
"내 짐이 너무 큰데 어떻게 견딜 수 있을까요?"
주님이 말씀하셨다.
"내 사랑하는 아들아, 너도 내가 십자가를 지고 걸었다는 것을 알 것이다. 그러므로 나는 네가 지고 가는 짐의 무게를 알고 있단다."
나는 말했다.
“하지만 저는 저와 함께 내 길을 열어주는 친구들이 있었으면 좋겠어요"
주님이 말씀하셨다.
"오, 맞아, 겟세마네는 혼자 견디기 힘들었어.” 
나는 마침내 주님이 가지 않으신 길이 없다는 것을 안 것에 만족하고 돌투성이의 길을 올라갔다. 그런데 신기하게도 그곳에서 새로운 친구들을 만났고, 그 짐이 점점 줄어드는 것을 느꼈다. 그리고 그곳에서도 주님이 예전에 같은 길을 가셨었다는 것을 기억하게 되었다.

이 이야기는 우리 모두에게는 각자가 가야 할 길이 있음을 말해 주고 있습니다. 그리고 그 길은 때때로 쉬운 길이 아니라는 것도 알려주고 있습니다. 그 이유는 이 타락한 세상에서 열매를 맺는 삶을 살기 위해서는 어느 때는 쉬운 길이 아니고 어려운 길을 가야 할 때가 있기 때문입니다. 그러나 그때마다 우리가 기억해야 할 것이 있습니다. 그것은 예수님은 이 세상에서의 우리의 어려움을 다 겪은 분으로서 우리를 이해하고 상황에 따라 어떻게 살아야 하는지 적절히 인도하시는 분이라는 것을 말해 주고 있습니다.

특별히 성탄절은 예수님이 그러한 인간의 모든 고초를 체휼하시고 우리와 동행하시기 위하여 아기로 태어나신 날입니다. 예수님은 아기로 태어나 인간이 겪어야 할 모든 것을 겪으셨습니다. 가난한 목수의 가정에 태어나심으로 가난을 아셨고, 목수인 육신의 아버지인 요셉을 도와 노동의 힘든 수고를 아셨고, 사역을 위하여 40일을 금식하는 가운데 배고픔과 갈증의 경험도 하셨습니다. 그리고 죄인이 되어 문초도 당해 보셨고 채찍의 아픔도 당하셨습니다. 특별히 십자가의 고통을 통과하면서 인간으로서 최고의 아픔도 체휼하셨습니다. 그리고 무엇보다 사랑하는 자들로부터 배신을 당하시기도 하셨습니다.

그러한 예수님은 우리가 어려움을 당해 부르짖을 때 우리의 고통이 얼마나 크다는 것을 아십니다. 그래서 우리의 중보자가 되어 하나님께 모든 것을 아뢰주십니다. 그리고 하나님은 그러한 예수님의 중보를 통하여 우리의 모든 문제를 해결해 주시는 것입니다. 이러한 주님은 우리가 천국에 들어가는 날까지 우리와 함께하시겠다고 약속하셨습니다. 그러므로 우리와 함께하시기 위하여 성탄절에 오신 임마누엘 예수님을 힘껏 환영하며 우리의 마음에 그리고 우리의 가정에 모셔야 하겠습니다. 메리 크리스마스!! 

“How to live this tough life”

A person named Olga Weiss once wrote the following:

“The road is too rough,” I said, “Dear Lord, there are stones that hurt me so.”
And He said, “Dear child, I understand.  I walked it long ago.”
“But there’s a cool green path,” I said; “Let me walk there for a time.”
“No child,” He gently answered me, “The green path does not climb.”
“My burden,” I said, “Is far too great, How can I bear it so?”
“My child,” He said, “I remember the weight; I carried My cross, you know.”
But I said, “I wish there were friends with me Who would make my way their own.” “Oh, yes,” He said, “Gethsemane was hard to bear alone.”
And so I climb the stony path, content at last to know that where my Master had not gone, I would not need to go. And strangely then I found new friends, the burden grew less sore; and I remember—long ago He went that way before.

This conversation tells us that we all have our own paths to take, and sometimes that path is not easy.  There are times we cannot take the easy road but have to go on a difficult path in order to live a life that bears fruit in this corrupted world.  However, there is something that we must remember every time that happens. Jesus understands us, and He is the perfect One to lead us in every situation because, when He was on earth, He Himself experienced all our hardships. Christmas is the day that Jesus was born to be with us and endure all human sufferings. Jesus was born as an infant and experienced everything that humans need to face.  He was born into a poor carpenter’s family, and so He got to know what it means to be poor; He was able to know how difficult it is to do work by working alongside His earthly father Joseph, who was a carpenter; He experienced what it feels like to be hungry and thirsty by fasting 40 days for His ministry; He was blamed and interrogated as a sinner even though He was without sin, and He even endured pain when He was whipped; and He experienced the greatest pain as a human being when He endured the suffering on the cross.  Moreover, He was betrayed by those He loved. 

This Jesus who endured all our suffering understands how great our pain is whenever we cry out to Him. This is why He became our Mediator and intercedes on our behalf before God. And God solves our problems through the intercession of Jesus. Our Lord has promised to be with us until the day we enter Heaven. Therefore, let us welcome Emmanuel Jesus into our hearts, for He came on Christmas to be with us.  And let us receive Him so He may dwell in our hearts.  Merry Christmas!

이종식 목사 (베이사이드장로교회)
ⓒ 아멘넷 뉴스(USAamen.net)
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

오피니언 목록

게시물 검색

아멘넷의 시각게시물관리광고안내후원안내ㆍ Copyright © USAamen.net All rights reserved.
상단으로

아멘넷(USAamen.net) - Since 2003 - 미주 한인이민교회를 미래를 위한
Flushing, New York, USA
카톡 아이디 : usaamen / USAamen@gmail.com / (917) 684-0562

모바일 버전으로 보기