하나님 나라를 위하여 말씀의 검을 듭시다. > 오피니언

본문 바로가기

이곳은 2017년 이후에 올려진 글입니다. 이전에 올려진 오피니언 글은 지난 오피니언 게시판에서 보실 수 있습니다.

오피니언

하나님 나라를 위하여 말씀의 검을 듭시다.

페이지 정보

이종식2022-03-16

본문

이종식경향신문 3월 3일 날짜에 다음과 같은 기사가 실린 것을 보며 제 가슴이 뭉클해지는 것을 느꼈습니다. “한국의 서울 팝스 오케스트라 단체에서 활동하던 우크라이나인 연주자들이 러시아의 침공에 맞서 전쟁에 참전하기 위해 귀국했다는 소식”이었습니다. 이 소식이 저의 마음을 뭉클하게 한 것은 자신의 조국의 어려운 소식을 듣고 목숨을 걸고 나라를 구하기 위해 나서는 모습이 감동적이었기 때문입니다. 그러한 그들의 행동은 얼마나 자신의 나라를 사랑하는가를 증명하기에 충분했습니다. 저는 그러한 소식을 들으며 그리스도인으로서 우리의 삶이 이 정도는 되어야 하지 않나 하는 생각을 하게 되었습니다. 우리의 조국을 사랑하는 것은 물론이고 우리를 구원하신 그리스도의 나라가 사탄의 공격을 받아 어려워지고 있는 이때 성도들은 자원하여 일어나야 하지 않느냐는 생각을 한 것입니다.

하성호라는 이름을 가진 오케스트라 지휘자는 기자와의 통화에서 “우크라이나 출신 단원들의 행방을 알 수 없어 수소문한 결과 그중 한 명이 조국에서 군복을 입고 찍은 사진을 보내왔다.”고 하였습니다. 그는 콘트라베이스 연주자라고 합니다. 그리고 오케스트라 단원 중에 우크라이나인이 3명이 더 있는데 그중 한 명은 무슨 악기를 연주하는지 모르나 다른 한 명은 비올라 연주자이고, 또 다른 사람은 트럼펫 연주자라고 합니다. 하 지휘자는 그들의 행방을 알 수 없는 것을 볼 때 전쟁에 참여한 것 같다고 하였습니다. 저는 그들이 악기 대신 총을 잡고 조국을 지키기 위하여 비교할 수 없는 강력한 무기로 무장한 러시아를 향하여 총을 겨누고 있는 모습을 상상하며 마음이 찡함을 느꼈습니다.

기회만 생기면 주님의 몸 된 교회를 침범하여 분란으로 초토화하는 사탄의 세력에 대항하여 우리 성도들은 말씀의 검을 들어야 할 것이라 생각합니다. 오직 말씀으로만이 우리는 하나님 나라를 든든히 지킬 수 있기 때문입니다. 그러므로 오늘 하루도 하나님 나라를 위하여 영적인 전쟁을 하는 그리스도의 군사가 되어 말씀을 읽고 그것을 앞세워 싸움하는 무리가 모두 되기를 간절히 바랍니다. 사탄의 무리가 아무리 강한 무기를 가지고 우리를 공격해 와도 우리 믿는 성도들은 하나님의 말씀으로 능히 물리치게 될 것을 믿습니다.

“Let’s wield the sword of the Word for God’s Kingdom!”

As we near springtime, I pray that new sprouts of hope bloom abundantly in your families.
I recently read an article on March 3, 2022 in the Kyunghyang Shinmun (Kyunghyang Newspaper) that touched my heart. It announced that the Ukrainians who were part of the Seoul Pops Orchestra returned to their homeland to protect their nation from the Russian invasion. I was moved by this news because as soon as they heard that their country was in trouble, they chose to risk their lives so that they could defend their nation. Their action is a clear manifestation of their love for their country. Reading this article made me think that perhaps Christians should be more like the Ukrainians who left to fight for their country. It is a given that we love our nation, but shouldn’t we Christians also rise up to defend our faith at a time when the Kingdom of God is under Satan’s attack?

The conductor of Seoul Pops Orchestra Ha Sung Ho said that upon investigating the whereabouts of the Ukrainian members after they left, the orchestra received a photo from Ukraine that showed one of them wearing military uniform. The man in the photo is a contrabass player in the orchestra. And there are three more Ukrainians in the orchestra—one of which whom we do not know. But one member plays the viola, and the other plays the trumpet. When the members of the orchestra could not reach these men for days, Conductor Ha thought they might have left to fight for their country. It broke my heart as I imagined these men trading in their instruments for guns and running against the Russians, who are incomparably more powerful than them, in order to protect their nation.

I think that as Christians, we should take up the sword of God’s Word against the power of Satan that relentlessly strives to invade and destroy Christ’s body, the Church. We can defend God’s Kingdom with only His Word. Therefore, let us join the spiritual battle as soldiers for Christ and fight for God’s Kingdom today by reading God’s Word and putting His Word before us. No matter how powerful Satan might be, I believe that we will be able to conquer its attacks with God’s Word.

이종식 목사 (베이사이드장로교회)
ⓒ 아멘넷 뉴스(USAamen.net)
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

오피니언 목록

게시물 검색

아멘넷의 시각게시물관리광고안내후원안내ㆍ Copyright © USAamen.net All rights reserved.
상단으로

아멘넷(USAamen.net) - Since 2003 - 미주 한인이민교회를 미래를 위한
Flushing, New York, USA
카톡 아이디 : usaamen / USAamen@gmail.com / (917) 684-0562

모바일 버전으로 보기