매일 아침 그날의 문제를 기도로 해결하십시오 > 오피니언

본문 바로가기

이곳은 2017년 이후에 올려진 글입니다. 이전에 올려진 오피니언 글은 지난 오피니언 게시판에서 보실 수 있습니다.

오피니언

매일 아침 그날의 문제를 기도로 해결하십시오

페이지 정보

이종식2022-01-20

본문

이종식이번 주는 누군가 이런 글을 쓴 것을 읽게 되었습니다.
“기원전 480년에 스파르타의 왕 레오니다스(Leonidas)의 300명의 군대는 좁은 산길을 통과해 오는 수십만 명의 페르시아군 크세르크세스(Xerxes) 군대를 한 번에 한 명씩 싸워 물리쳤습니다.” 이 전략에 대해 C. H. Spurgeon은 다음과 같이 말했습니다. “레오니다스와 그의 소수의 부하들이 광활한 평원으로 나가서 그 많은 페르시아인과 싸웠다고 가정해 봅시다. 그들은 사자처럼 싸웠을지라도 즉시 모두 죽었을 것입니다.” 스펄전은 계속해서 말하기를 성경은 그리스도인들은 좁은 길에 서 있다고 말씀하고 있습니다. 그러므로 모든 어려움을 한 번에 해결하기로 선택하면 반드시 패배할 것입니다. 그러나 하나님을 믿고 고난을 하나하나 감당하면 자기의 힘이 충분하다는 것을 알게 될 것입니다.

이 글은 항상 어려운 일이 겹쳐 오는 이 세상에서 우리가 평안 가운데 모든 것을 이겨내며 사는 지혜로운 방법을 가르쳐 주고 있다고 믿습니다. 세상을 살다 보면 문제가 없는 날은 없었다고 생각됩니다. 경제적인 문제가 끝날 것 같으면 질병의 문제가 등장하고 질병의 문제가 끝나는 것 같으면 인간관계의 문제가 등장합니다. 이런 이유로 사람은 웃는 날보다는 슬퍼하고 걱정하며 사는 날이 많은 것 같습니다. 그리고 끊임없이 밀려오는 문제를 만나 그것을 해결하려고 노력하다 보면 우리의 삶은 지쳐 가게 됩니다. 그리고 인생의 끝자락 정도에 도달하게 되면 삶이 헛된 것은 짧은 삶 동안 문제만 치다꺼리 하다가 인생을 끝내는 것 같기 때문입니다. 이런 이유로 시편 90편 10절에서 모세는 다음과 같은 말을 하였습니다. “우리의 연수가 칠십이요 강건하면 팔십이라도 그 연수의 자랑은 수고와 슬픔뿐이요 신속히 가니 우리가 날아가나이다” 이 말씀을 되새겨 보면 참 인생이 그의 말과 같다는 것을 우리 모두는 느끼게 됩니다. 지나온 날을 돌아보면 언제나 문제 속에 걱정하며 산 것이 다일 때가 많기 때문입니다.

그러나 예레미야 애가서는 우리가 그런 문제 많은 삶을 살아도 소망 중에 보람되게 사는 길을 제시하고 있습니다. 예레미야 애가 3장 19-26절 말씀입니다. “내 고초와 재난 곧 쑥과 담즙을 기억하소서 내 마음이 그것을 기억하고 내가 낙심이 되오나 이것을 내가 내 마음에 담아 두었더니 그것이 오히려 나의 소망이 되었사옴은 여호와의 인자와 긍휼이 무궁하시므로 우리가 진멸되지 아니함이니이다 이것들이 아침마다 새로우니 주의 성실하심이 크시도소이다 내 심령에 이르기를 여호와는 나의 기업이시니 그러므로 내가 그를 바라리라 하도다 기다리는 자들에게나 구하는 영혼들에게 여호와는 선하시도다 사람이 여호와의 구원을 바라고 잠잠히 기디림이 좋도다” 이 말씀은 예레미야가 자신의 나라가 바벨론에 의하여 멸망할 것을 알며 근심에 빠져 있을 때 경험한 내용입니다. 그는 나라의 멸망을 앞에 두고 소망을 잃고 있을 때 기도하므로 그 근심이 오히려 소망이 되었다는 말을 하고 있습니다. 그 이유는 아침에 기도할 때 하나님이 그에게 하나님의 뜻을 가르쳐주셨기 때문입니다.

하나님의 뜻은 이스라엘을 멸망시키려는 것이 아니고 그들을 회복 시키기 위하여 바벨론 포로를 결정하셨다는 것입니다. 그래서 이런 사실을 깨달은 예레미야는 나라의 멸망 중에서도 오히려 소망을 가지고 살게 된 것입니다. 저는 이러한 예레미야의 말씀을 통해 문제 많은 세상에서 하루하루를 어떻게 살아야 하는지를 깨닫게 됩니다. 그것은 하루를 살 수 있는 소망을 갖기 위해 매일 아침 기도하는 것입니다. 그러면 하나님은 우리에게 그 하루를 소망으로 살 수 있는 길을 주셔서 헛되게 지나지 않게 하십니다. 그리고 우리의 평생 동안 매일 하루하루를 그렇게 아침마다 기도하며 산다면 우리 삶 전체는 소망 가운데 보람될 줄로 믿습니다. 그러므로 이 새해는 아침마다 새로운 힘을 얻기 위해 기도하는 우리가 되어야 하겠습니다.

Resolve Each Day’s Troubles through Daily Morning Prayer.

This week, I read the following that someone wrote:
“In 480 B.C. the outmanned army of Sparta’s King Leonidas held off the Persian troops of Xerxes by fighting them one at a time as they came through a narrow mountain pass. Commenting on this strategy, C. H. Spurgeon said, “Suppose Leonidas and his handful of men had gone out into the wide-open plain and attacked the Persians—why, they would have died at once, even though they might have fought like lions.” Spurgeon continued by saying that Christians stand in the narrow pass of today. If they choose to battle every difficulty at once, they’re sure to suffer defeat. But if they trust God and take their troubles one by one, they will find that their strength is sufficient. This excerpt teaches us a wise way we can overcome all things in peace in this world where we face various difficulties one after another.”

I believe this excerpt imparts wisdom on the way we can live in peace and overcome everything in this world, in which difficulties occur repeatedly. I think there is never a day without problems in life. When it seems like our financial problems are finally over, we are faced with health issues. And when our health seems to be resolved, we find ourselves in a relational problem with others. This is why it feels like we spend most of our days sad and worried rather than smiling or being happy. And the more we try to resolve the tsunami of difficulties that come our way, the more exhausted we become. And as we near the end of our lives, we might feel as though life is meaningless because we had spent our entire life dealing with problems. For this reason, Moses writes in Psalm 90:10, “The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.” As we think about this verse, I am sure we can resonate with this statement. When we reflect on our past, it can seem like all we did was live with worries in the midst of problems. However, the book of Lamentations shows us how to live a fulfilling life with hope even in the midst of troubles.

This is the passage from Lamentations 3:19-26. “Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in Him.” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.” This passage portrays what prophet Jeremiah experienced when he became troubled after realizing his nation would eventually be destroyed by Babylon. He became hopeless as he faced the demise of his nation. But through prayer, his worries turned into hope. When Jeremiah prayed each morning, God revealed His will to him. God’s will was not to destroy Israel, but to restore the nation by surrendering them to Babylonian captivity. Once Jeremiah realized this truth, he was able to have hope even in the midst of his nation’s destruction.

Through this passage in Lamentations, I realize how I should live each day in this problem-filled world. We have to pray each morning in order to receive hope we need for that day. Then God will give us a way to live that day with hope so that the day does not go by in vain. And I believe that if we pray like this every morning, our lives will be filled with hope. Therefore, in this new year, let us pray each morning to receive new strength.

이종식 목사 (베이사이드장로교회)
ⓒ 아멘넷 뉴스(USAamen.net)
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

오피니언 목록

게시물 검색

아멘넷의 시각게시물관리광고안내후원안내ㆍ Copyright © USAamen.net All rights reserved.
상단으로

아멘넷(USAamen.net) - Since 2003 - 미주 한인이민교회를 미래를 위한
Flushing, New York, USA
카톡 아이디 : usaamen / USAamen@gmail.com / (917) 684-0562

모바일 버전으로 보기