믿음의 시작은 염려의 끝 > 오피니언

본문 바로가기

이곳은 2017년 이후에 올려진 글입니다. 이전에 올려진 오피니언 글은 지난 오피니언 게시판에서 보실 수 있습니다.

오피니언

믿음의 시작은 염려의 끝

페이지 정보

이종식2021-10-15

본문

이종식일생 동안 50,000번의 기도 응답을 받았다는 죠지 뮬러는 다음과 같은 말을 했습니다. “염려의 시작은 믿음의 끝이고, 진정한 믿음의 시작은 염려의 끝이다.” 참 맞는 말이라고 생각됩니다. 염려할 때를 생각해 보면 하나님의 약속의 말씀을 믿지 못해서임을 깨닫게 되기 때문입니다. 그러나 세상을 살다 보면 염려를 하지 않을 수 없게 됩니다.

인생에는 언제나 문제가 발생하기 때문입니다. 예기치 못했던 질병의 문제와 전염병의 문제, 학교 진학의 문제, 학비의 문제, 취업의 문제, 자녀의 문제, 가족 간의 갈등, 친구와의 갈등 등 수많은 문제가 우리를 찾아옵니다. 그런데 그런 문제가 어느 때는 한 개씩 오는 것이 아니고 여러 개가 겹쳐서 오기도 하고 문제 다음에 꼬리를 물고 또 다른 문제가 일어나는 경험을 하게 됩니다. 그런 가운데 우리는 염려하지 않을 수 없게 됩니다. 그리고 그런 삶에 익숙해지면서 잠시 문제가 없을 때도 걱정하게 됩니다. 언제 다시 예기치 못한 문제가 발생할 수 있다고 생각되기 때문입니다. 이렇게 사는 우리들은 어떻게 염려를 버리고 평안 중에 살게 될 수 있을까요? 우리는 그런 문제의 폭풍 가운데 다음과 같은 하나님의 음성을 들으며 평안을 갖게 됩니다. “수고하고 무거운 짐 진 자들아 다 내게로 오라 내가 너희를 쉬게 하리라” “네 염려를 주께 맡겨라 그가 너희를 돌보시리라”

우리는 이런 말씀들을 생각하며 우리에게 문제가 생길 때 염려 대신에 하여야 할 일을 발견하게 됩니다. 그것은 우리에게 오는 문제를 곧바로 주님께 맡기는 것입니다. 성경은 바로 이런 행동을 믿음이라고 말씀하고 있습니다. 그리고 그렇게 하면 마음이 평안해지고 염려에서 자유함을 얻게 됩니다. 그러므로 염려의 시작은 믿음의 끝이고 믿음의 시작은 염려의 끝이라고 말할 수 있습니다. 사랑하는 성도님들, 오늘 우리가 염려 가운데 있다면 믿음을 잃어버린 것입니다. 그러나 그 믿음은 하나님의 약속의 말씀을 붙잡고 모든 짐을 주님께 맡길 때 다시 시작됩니다. 그리고 그렇게 지내다 보면 전능하시고 주권자 되시는 하나님이 측량할 수 없는 방법으로 인도하시는 것을 체험하게 됩니다. 그러므로 시간 시간마다 찾아오는 염려의 짐을 그 때마다 주님께 맡기어 평안 중에 살게 되기를 주님의 이름으로 축원합니다.

“The Beginning of Faith is the End of Worries”

George Muller, the man whose prayers have been answered 50,000 times in his lifetime, once said, “The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.” I think this is very true. Whenever I think about the times I have worried, I realize it was because I could not believe in God’s promise in those moments.
However, we cannot help but worry as we live in this world because problems always occur in our lives.

We are faced with many problems such as those related to unexpected illnesses and infectious diseases, acceptance into school, school tuition, work, children, family relationships, friends, and more. And sometimes these problems do not happen one at a time, but several problems occur simultaneously or they happen one after another like a domino effect. When this happens, we cannot help but worry. And sometimes, we are so used to living with anxiety that we worry even when there are no problems because we think problems could occur again unexpectedly. How then can we get rid of our anxieties and be at peace when we live like this? In the midst of the storm of our problems, we can find peace when we hear God’s voice. He says in Matthew 11:28, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” And in 1 Peter 5:7, He says, “Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you.”

As we ponder about what God said, we discover what we need to do instead of worrying when problems occur. We must entrust all our problems to the Lord right away. The Bible speaks of this kind of action as faith. And when we do so, our hearts will be at peace and we will be set free from anxieties. Therefore, we can say that the beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of faith is the end of anxiety.

Beloved Church, if we are anxious today, it is because we have lost faith. However, faith can begin to take place in us again when we hold onto the promises of God’s Word and entrust all our burdens to Him. When we live like that, we will experience the Almighty and Sovereign God guide us in unfathomable ways. Therefore, I bless you in the name of the Lord that you will live in peace as you cast onto the Lord each time you are faced with the burden of worries.

이종식 목사 (베이사이드장로교회)
ⓒ 아멘넷 뉴스(USAamen.net)
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

오피니언 목록

게시물 검색

아멘넷의 시각게시물관리광고안내후원안내ㆍ Copyright © USAamen.net All rights reserved.
상단으로

아멘넷(USAamen.net) - Since 2003 - 미주 한인이민교회를 미래를 위한
Flushing, New York, USA
카톡 아이디 : usaamen / USAamen@gmail.com / (917) 684-0562

모바일 버전으로 보기