이종식 목사 "예수님의 것이 된 성도" > 오피니언

본문 바로가기

이곳은 2017년 이후에 올려진 글입니다. 이전에 올려진 오피니언 글은 지난 오피니언 게시판에서 보실 수 있습니다.

오피니언

이종식 목사 "예수님의 것이 된 성도"

페이지 정보

이종식2021-10-01

본문

이종식C. T. 스터드라는 사람은 다음과 같은 말을 하였습니다. “나는 예수님이 나를 위해 죽으셨다는 것을 알고 있었지만, 예수님이 나를 위해 죽으셨다면 나는 내 것이 아니라는 것을 이해하지 못했다. 구속이란 예수님이 자신의 목숨을 값으로 치르고 죄의 종된 나를 사셨다는 것이다. 그러므로 내가 그렇게 예수님의 것이 되었다면, 내가 도적이 되어 내것이 아닌 것을 취하거나 아니면 모든 것을 예수님께 드려야 한다. 예수 그리스도가 하나님이시고 나를 위해 죽으셨다면 내가 그분을 위해 하는 그 어떤 것도 희생이 될 수 없을 것이다”

이 말은 예수님을 믿는 사람이라면 반드시 꼭 기억하며 살아가야 할 것이라고 생각됩니다. 우리 모두는 주님의 피 값으로 구원을 받은 사람들이기 때문입니다. 그러므로 우리가 이 땅에서 주님의 나라를 위하여 무엇을 한다고 해도 희생이 될 수 없다는 것입니다. 저는 몇 년 전에 터키와 그리스 성지 순례를 갔다가 참 감동하며 회개한 적이 있습니다. 특별히 터키 성지 순례는 사도바울의 전도 여행을 중심으로 그 길을 따라 순례를 하는 것인데 그 길에서 느낀 바가 컸기 때문입니다. 그것은 우리 일행들은 크고 좋은 관광버스를 타고 사도바울이 다닌 길을 따라가는데 너무 피곤한 것입니다. 그 길을 따라가는 것이 너무 험하고 긴 시간이었기 때문입니다. 그러면서 갑자기 든 생각은 그 먼 길을 사도바울은 걸어 다니며 전도를 하였다는 것이었습니다. 그 거리는 약 2만 마일이었습니다. 그때 저는 성지 순례지에서 다음과 같은 생각을 하게 되었습니다. 사도바울이 받은 구원이나 다른 성도가 받은 구원이나 다 같은 것인데 왜 그는 그렇게 고생스러운 일을 자청하여 복음을 전했을까 하는 것이었습니다. 그 답은 자신이 받은 구원의 의미를 너무도 귀한 것으로 깨달았기 때문입니다. 그래서 이방을 위하여 복음을 전하라는 말씀에 그토록 매를 맞아 가며 순종한 것입니다.

우리는 주님의 목숨값으로 구원을 받은 사람들입니다. 그러므로 주님을 위해 아낄 것이 없는 사람들입니다. 잠시 살다 영원한 나라에서 살 우리들은 이 땅에서의 우리의 재능, 우리의 시간, 그리고 우리의 물질을 주님을 위해 다 쓴다고 해도 결코 희생이 아니라는 것을 기억하며 살아야 하겠습니다. 그리고 주님이 우리에게 주신 사명인 ‘주님이 우리를 사랑하사 자신의 목숨을 우리의 죗값으로 치루사 누구든지 그를 믿는 자마다 영생을 얻게 하셨다’는 복음의 소식을 전하는 우리가 모두 되어야 하겠습니다.

“Believers who belong to Jesus”

C.T. Studd once said:
I had known about Jesus dying for me, but I had never understood that, if He had died for me, then I didn’t belong to myself. Redemption means buying back, so that if I belong to Him, either I had to be a thief, and keep what wasn’t mine, or else I had to give up everything to God. If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.

I think this is something that we who believe in Jesus should remember as we live each day because we have all been purchased by the blood of Jesus and thereby saved by Him. Therefore, whatever we might do on this Earth for the Lord’s Kingdom cannot be considered a sacrifice.

Several years ago, my trip to the Holy Land in Turkey and Greece greatly moved me and led me to repent. I was especially touched by the experience on the route of Apostle Paul’s evangelism journey in Turkey. The reason I was moved was that the journey was very tiring for me and those who were traveling with me, even though we were in a big tourist bus. It was a very difficult trip, and it took very long. As we traveled on that road, I realized that Apostle Paul must have traveled on this path by foot as he shared the Good News. The path is about 20,000 miles long. Then I thought, “The salvation Apostle Paul received is the same salvation that other believers received, but why did he choose to share the Good News even though he had to suffer?” It is because he realized that the meaning of the salvation he received was very precious. That is why he endured numerous beatings and obeyed God’s commandment to preach the Good News to the gentiles.

We have received salvation by the Lord who paid with His life. Thus, we should hold nothing back for the Lord. We, who are sojourners who will live in the eternal Kingdom of God, should not consider it a sacrifice even if we were to use all our talents, time, and resources for the Lord in this world. And let us be able to fulfill the mission our Lord gave us by sharing the good news that “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

이종식 목사 (베이사이드장로교회)
ⓒ 아멘넷 뉴스(USAamen.net)
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

오피니언 목록

게시물 검색

아멘넷의 시각게시물관리광고안내후원안내ㆍ Copyright © USAamen.net All rights reserved.
상단으로

아멘넷(USAamen.net) - Since 2003 - 미주 한인이민교회를 미래를 위한
Flushing, New York, USA
카톡 아이디 : usaamen / USAamen@gmail.com / (917) 684-0562

모바일 버전으로 보기